Friday 24 February 2012

Love Unconditionally

I have a phrase I like to say which is "live, laugh, love"... it's my motto if you will. To expand on that I would say, "live well, laugh often, love unconditionally."


I'm always thinking of what I need to do, what I need to be, and what I need to teach my children... and how this will enable me to be the kind of mother my children need... for that is the kind of mother I need to be: the mother my children need. Not the mother they think they want mind you... the mother about whom they can look back when they are grown and say, "Thank you mum for always being there for me. Thank you for not always giving me everything I want, but making sure I had what I really needed. Thank you for teaching me to make decisions and always loving me, even when I didn't make the decision that you liked."


The most important thing I want my children to know is that I love them and that my love is unconditional.

I love both my girls so much that I want to hold on to them forever... but I hope as time goes on that knowing they will be loved no matter what will give them confidence to make good decisions and be whomever they want to be... and that I will have the courage to let them do so.

1 comment:

  1. If they turn into the confident and happy adults that you want them to be then you will know you have done well. As always love your post Tracey ... gorgeous. Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment