Sunday 4 August 2013

First Sunday Share - TOFW!

Ah, this is difficult. Yesterday I was lucky enough to attend Time Out For Women in Sydney with some good friends. It was fantastic, but it has me thinking about so many things that I don't know where to start today, for truly there is too much for one post! Now to share one standout thing...

I've been thinking a lot about how I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us. He has a Great Plan of Salvation for each of us - all of His children - that will make it possible for us to return to Him if we choose to accept the Atonement and do the things necessary.

Beyond that though, I know that God knows each of us perfectly and that He has a plan for us as individuals. Sometimes it is a scary thing to trust that He knows what is best for you, but if we ask in faith the answers will always be for our good even if they are not what we had hoped, expected, or planned for.

I have come to realise that what Heavenly Father gives me is always what is best for me. Often in life we get more, less, or something different than what we thought - in our limited view - would be best. Sometimes we have to wait a long time, or are able/need to do things sooner than we planned.

Whatever it may be, I know that it is always for our good and that if I trust in the Lord to answer my prayers the way He sees fit, I will be happy. It's not always easy to remember that when you're waiting for something or when there are things you are struggling with - but I have seen it again and again.

I'll leave you with a video. Hilary Weeks was at Time Out For Women and she sang many songs, but this is possibly my favourite.


1 comment:

  1. I love this song so much, it is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing it again. Thank you for your sweet and beautiful spirit and sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment